EliteWorldTrainingCenterforGiftedTalents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite World Training Center for Gifted Talents

HomeLatest imagesRules & InfosFAQProfile ListDivisionsRoommates ListSearchTaken CharactersRegisterLog in

Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Twyla Dolan

Twyla Dolan

Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline) Empty
PostSubject: Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline)   Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 1:13 am

Not only did the Center have the most wonderful Bookstore but they always had a very large and extensive library that was filled with books on every topic imaginable. When Twyla had first entered the library, she had used one of the computers to do a quick search of the library databases for books to read and to do some research on various topics. Some topics were related to her powers, for example Light, the Refraction of Light, and the Absence of Light and the creation of Shadows. Other topics were simply for her own enjoyment and to satisfy her own curiosity, for example the Theory of Chaos and the N-Body Problem. This had lead her to pulling out a wide variety of books as well as a few that she hadn't researched but had merely caught her eye. Once Twyla had a huge stack of books and was physically unable to carry anymore, only then did she finally sit down at a table and begin to read. She set up the many piles of books around her as if they were the building blocks of a great fortress of knowledge in which Twyla was the Scholar Queen of the written realm. With a quiet smile, Twyla selected a book on Light and Light Refraction, opened it up and began to read.
Back to top Go down
Coraline Jones

Coraline Jones

PostSubject: Re: Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline)   Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 4:55 am

Coraline wasn’t a fan of doing research, as it reminded her of the days when she was a completely coward kid, but if she wanted to improve, her options were limited. The last couple of days, Coraline had been trying to find a new form of using her ability, to become more powerful, and maybe even find an easier way to train her powers. What Karissa told her the day they met let her thinking about the possibility of someone else having the same power as her, and what a better place than the library to find out, she thought to herself.

However, once she arrived there, Coraline had no idea where to start. The place was huge, and there were bookshelves and computers everywhere, as well as tables. She walked around for a few minutes, but nothing so far was what she was looking for. Just when Coraline felt like giving up, she saw a blue haired person surrounded by a pile of books. At first, Coraline was reluctant to asking for her help, as it probably counted as relying on an adult, the first thing she didn’t want to do. Since there was no way she could know, Coraline approached the girl and spoke up first. “Hey! You seem to know this place. I need you to help me find something important!” She demanded, but ended up adding a quiet “Please.” At the end, hoping the other would help her out.
Back to top Go down
Twyla Dolan

Twyla Dolan

PostSubject: Re: Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline)   Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2015 6:55 am

It took Twyla a moment to register that someone was talking to her. She tended to get lost in her reading. But the 'hey' was loud enough and obnoxious enough to startle Twyla out of her mental wandering. When she looked up at the girl who was speaking to her, she was rather surprised by how rude and forward the girl was. For a moment, Twyla considered being rude back to her and telling her to go bother the Head Librarian for help. But the quiet 'please' made her pause and reevaluate her initial observations.

"Rude, obnoxious, very forward as if attempting to be assertive, possibly a defense mechanism. Most likely highly independent and therefore has issues asking for help. Probably also has issues with authority." Twyla thought as she stared at the other blue haired girl. Sighing, Twyla tore a piece of paper out of the notebook she had brought with her and put it inside the book to mark her place. She then closed the book and once more stared at the other girl. "I am not sure how much assistance I will be able to give you as I only just arrived at the Center myself a few days ago. However, I do know my way around libraries so I will see that I can do." Twyla said as she stood up.

She then gestured for the other girl to follow her. She quickly led the way to one of the many computers and sat down in front of it. "Before we begin, have you used library databases or library search engines before? Because if so, you probably know how to do this already as most libraries use the same or similar systems." Twyla said as she clicked the search engine icon and up popped a page that lead to the library's main site.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline)   Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline) Empty

Back to top Go down

Odd Research Topics (Tag Coraline)
Page 1 of 1