EliteWorldTrainingCenterforGiftedTalents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite World Training Center for Gifted Talents

HomeLatest imagesRules & InfosFAQProfile ListDivisionsRoommates ListSearchTaken CharactersRegisterLog in

The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Yazoo Crescent

Yazoo Crescent

The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} Empty
PostSubject: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 2:59 am

Yazoo was practicing on the bars in the gym, his long hair up to keep it out of his face. He tried to come down here at least several times a week to keep up on his gymnastics. The gym didn't have enough open space for some of the things like handsprings and the like, but he could always at least get some practice on the bars.
Back to top Go down
Remi Mercer

Remi Mercer

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:13 am

Remi had finally been able to heal her ankle to full strength and she was feeling a lot better in general. She hadn't danced in a while, and she really felt that she was neglecting a large part of herself. Instead of going in her typical tutu, she just wore a leotard and leggings and of course her pointe shoes are in her hand. She's pulled her up in a clip and as she enters she's surprised to see someone already using the bars. She smiled, "Oh, I know you." She accused then gasped as she remembered. "You were in my yoga class!" She exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Yazoo Crescent

Yazoo Crescent

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:33 am

Yazoo had perched himself atop the bar when he'd heard himself addressed, a position that seemed almost bird or cat like. He looked at her curiously before a soft grin of recognition crossed his face. "Yes, that's right!" He took in her outfit before his eyes landed on the shoes in her hand and he put together that she was a dancer.
Back to top Go down
Remi Mercer

Remi Mercer

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:51 am

Remi smiled at Yazoo before sitting down to lace her pointe shoes. "Are you a dancer? Do you have a specialization?" Remi was solely a ballerina, it was her sole passion when it came to dancing. "Or do you just like the equipment? It's definitely really expensive." She rambled.
Back to top Go down
Yazoo Crescent

Yazoo Crescent

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 3:56 am

"I'm a gymnast actually. Unfortunately there's not too much of the equipment here. Probably since you need a fair amount of space for some of it," he explained.
Back to top Go down
Remi Mercer

Remi Mercer

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:07 am

"Oh..!" Remi nodded, standing up. "Well I guess we're one in the same huh? Of course I don't do direct tumbling typically, but I still have to be really flexible. And we both rely on our legs. Though I guess gymnast have a pretty solid distribution, right?"
Back to top Go down
Yazoo Crescent

Yazoo Crescent

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 12:36 am

"Ya, The bars and rings use upper body strength while tumbling or other things that require larger spaces require both usually.  And both of us do rely on flexibility, you're right."  He smiled at her.  He couldn't personally envision himself doing ballet, but it certainly took a great deal of skill and strength to pull off.
Back to top Go down
Remi Mercer

Remi Mercer

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 1:12 am

"Well, in ballet we don't use bars often once we've reached a certain level skill," Remi explained, lacing her last shoe. "Anything we do involving aerodynamics include leaps and lifts, and that's actually only upper arm strength on the male's part..." She trailed off. "I'm not sure I'd be very good at gymnastics."
Back to top Go down
Yazoo Crescent

Yazoo Crescent

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 3:25 am

"Well, that's alright. I don't think I'd be very good at ballet," he said with a soft chuckle. His head tilted to the side slightly as he looked down at her. "So probably best if we both stick to our own fields. That said, a lot of the same stretches and flexibility exercises can be applied to ballet and gymnastics."
Back to top Go down
Remi Mercer

Remi Mercer

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptySat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

Remi smiled at him, nodding in agreement before doing a few warmup steps, raising her feet up and down and placing them down in perfect positions. "I think that stretching in general is really similar. I mean, not just for ballet or gymnastics, I mean completely. Our bodies have to be stretched a certain way every time we decide to do physical activity even if we choose not to for some of the time we're still supposed to, and then there are more intricate sports like gymnastics o ballet that require more complex-" Remi stopped and groaned. "I'm babbling, aren't I?" She thought she'd worked on that!
Back to top Go down
Yazoo Crescent

Yazoo Crescent

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} EmptyMon Aug 10, 2015 12:53 am

"Perhaps a bit? But I don't mind." He smiled slightly as he added, "And you're right that stretching isn't just for those things, but there are certain stretches which apply more to certain physical activities than others. Especially more subtle stretches on the hands or feet in particular." The wrist stretches he did wouldn't be all that necessary for a sport like soccer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}   The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi} Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ballerina & The Gymnast {Tag:Remi}
Page 1 of 1