EliteWorldTrainingCenterforGiftedTalents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite World Training Center for Gifted Talents

HomeLatest imagesRules & InfosFAQProfile ListDivisionsRoommates ListSearchTaken CharactersRegisterLog in

Coding (Tag: Jackson)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 4:54 pm

"Yeah, I got that much." Jackson chuckled. "Up-cycling and not recycling? Did you just make that up?" He knew she didn't, but he couldn't pass up an opportunity to mess with her, or anybody for that matter. "Wall-E. That's adorable." Jackson scoffed with a grin, "Okay, to make three dimensionals, you can just follow the instructions the program gives you. It's pretty difficult for other people to get through, but I can help you out if you need it." Jackson then eyed her sketch, should he maybe be rotatable on all ends?"
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:17 pm

"Up-Cycling is using something like trash and finding another purpose for it. Not converting something into a new material." Xion responded. She had to resist the urge to glare at him, mostly because her brother said that when she glared, it was more like pouting. She took over the program and began to make her 3D model.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:22 pm

Jackson ignored her explanation for upcycling. Not because he wanted deliberately be rude, which would be new to him, but he just sort of tuned out as he imagined all of the coding needed for Wall-E. There were numbers floating in mid-air that he just had to jot down. "Should you maybe give Wall-E a firewall and security system? Because I know for a fact that if I saw him doing construction work I'd upcycle him for something more useful."
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:26 pm

Xion looked up worriedly at Jackson. "You think someone would try to hack him?" she asked. The notion nearly made her sick. The idea of her little bot being used for something that could be potentially damaging to others. She wanted Wall-E to help! She looked at the screen, where half of her little bot's 3D model lay.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:28 pm

Jackson couldn't help but break into guffaws at her expression. Wow, she was attached tot his thing and it wasn't even a thing yet! That was pretty hilarious. Not to mention she looked like she was ready to cry. "Of course," He finally said as he managed to stop laughing. "I know for a fact that I would."
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:46 pm

Xion bit her lip. Coming up with an unhackable code that even Jackson wouldn't be able to thwart would be mercilessly difficult to do. She certainly couldn't ask Jackson to do it because he could lock her out of her own project if he did the coding right. "But that's awful!" she protested.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 5:57 pm

"That's modern day technological efficiency." He corrected. "...And life." He smirked. "Look, it's not that hard." Well, maybe that wasn't a fair thing to say, it wasn't never hard for him. "Well, I can walk you through it, at least. The real problem would be if you can keep up." Jackson explained as he wrote down a formula on the notebook. It was a unique one for Wall-E that he came up with off the top of his head. "I'll even write the first two lines for you." He offered, opening a new window on the computer and doing as he said, "See? It's not that difficult. Surely you don't trust me to write the entire security code." Whether she wrote it or someone else wrote it didn't really matter, if he put enough work into it he'd be able to crack it.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:07 pm

Xion glowered at him, wondering if she wasn't better off on her own. Especially since he seemingly enjoyed making her miserable. "I can keep up just fine." she replied. "I already went to college for computer services." She wasn't even going to warrant his trustworthiness with a response. She wasn't going to let him code the security program for her robot.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:12 pm

"Mm-hmm." Jackson raised his hands in surrender before folding his arms across his chest. "That's what I thought." Of course she didn't trust him! Hell, he wouldn't trust him either. He didn't take it personally though. "Lead the way," He smirked, deciding to sit back and watch until she needed (or asked) for his help.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:15 pm

Xion decided to tune him out and brought her headphones out again so she could at least listen to an audio book while she worked. Once her headphones were snug around her ears she began to type out the new code for Wall-E's security system, pointedly ignoring Jackson's presence. It was almost like had hadn't even come into the room as she typed. And she only stopped when her eyes were starting to get tired from staring at the screen for so long, which was a few hours longer than she actually intended to be in the labs.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:19 pm

Jackson preoccupied himself while Xion busied herself with whatever it was she decided to do. It wasn't as fun without harassing her. He couldn't really care less about her upcycled robot, but at least it was something to do at the time, of course until she decided to go solo. Maybe he'd ditch. He glanced at Xion who looked like she was getting pretty tired. Well, if she needed him she'd say so.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Xion pushed back the laptop and sighed, rubbing at her eyes. "Do... You want to look over it?" she asked. Still, she was far too nice for her own good. Even if she did write the whole code on her own a second pair of eyes couldn't necessarily hurt. And if Jackson did something bad to it she had a back up saved. Or she could have Tadashi look over it.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:42 pm

"Not really." He drawled, drawing his eyes back over to her. "But if you insist." Jackson peered over t her screen, his eyes following all of the lines swiftly. He tapped on the keyboard, correcting few mistakes. "You've got it for the most part." He then looked at her, awaiting her protest.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:46 pm

Xion frowned. He acted like she was the one burdening him when he was the one who just swooped in and started to do as he pleased. It was a little annoying to say the least. "Thanks, I guess," Xion said since it was more of a backhanded compliment from him than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 6:56 pm

Jackson smiled to himself. "So what made you decide all of a sudden to do this? I don't like thinking about helping other people, in truth. I grew up selfish, I suppose. I'll probably always be selfish now that I think about it." When it came to all things, the first thing that came to Jackson's mind wasn't even remotely near other people. It's always about him.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:08 pm

"He's going to help a lot of people," Xion said. That was her one true desire in making the little robot. "I'm tired of people complaining about things like trash or homelessness but not doing anything about it." Her little bot could really do people a lot of good. It was filling two needs at once.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:25 pm

"Mmm..." Jackson got bored that easily. Haring about helping other people just didn't seem to strike his interest. "You should be proud you're like that. Cause I surely am not." He scratched his head. "Maybe you'll build an entire city made of compost, I don't know." He shrugged.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:28 pm

"Really? I couldn't tell." Xion remarked sarcastically. Jackson was an annoying person to say the least but he did help her. Even if it wasn't out of the goodness of his heart and more for his need to prove he was superior to her. "Compost are things that rot. You know that right? It'd be good for making natural fertilizer but that's about it."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:40 pm

Jackson snickered at Xion's smart comment. And then his humor was gone as he rolled his eyes and sighed a breath heavily. Jackson put his elbow on the counter, putting his head in his hand as he faced her. "Does trash rot or not rot?" He inquired simply. "And don't try to make a specification as to what type of trash - does trash, in general, as a whole, does it, or does it not rot?"
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:46 pm

"But that's the beauty of it. It takes 1 million years for a glass bottle to decompose. Plastic bottles last only 450 years. Plywood lasts from a year to 3." Xion said, having fully done her research on this. "These homes are going to last. And in cases where there is total devastation, temporary homes can be made. Just think about it! If a tsunami sweeps through or an earthquake happens , then the Wall-E bots can make homes out of the debris."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Jackson sighs heavily. She just utterly and completely dodged his question. That just wasn't cool, it took all the fun out of being right. "Great! I'm glad we both we understand that compost is also another term for trash, and that trash does in fact, eventually decompose." Jackson gave her a smile. "Look, that's all fine and dandy, but what about average wear and tear? What about places with constant wind or rain or snow?"
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 7:57 pm

"It wears down in a few years." Xion replied. "But so don't homes that are built to be homes. Things start to fall apart and eventually have to be replaced." They might not have been five star homes, but at least the Wall-E bots would put a roof over people's heads. And like she said, it was temporary housing. "It takes so long to get aid to people who need it."
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:01 pm

Jackson nodded. Well, this was true. It wasn't as if her idea was rubbish. It was actually a very good one. And if she got this bot up and running she could probably get a Nobel prize or something. "It's a great idea, Xion, really. But let's actually the robot up and working first, kay?" Jackson yawned. "I'll come harass you another time with my nonsense and see how you're doing, all right?" He stood up, stretching his arm over his head.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:05 pm

"Maybe we could skip the harassment?" Xion suggested. Maybe next time she would just have to bring coffee or a snack of sorts, to keep them going when the 'morale' ran low. It really did seem like Jackson wanted to help, even if he had a roundabout way of doing it. He was at least coming around and not fully insulting her.
Back to top Go down
Jackson Jekyll

Jackson Jekyll

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 8:17 pm

"Don't worry, you'll come to love it." He said to her with a sly grin. "If there's no harassment it means I'm not around." Jackson ruffled her hair. "You'll get used to it probably, and you won't even notice I'm doing it. It's all in the conditioning." Jackson explained on his way out of the door.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coding (Tag: Jackson)    Coding (Tag: Jackson)  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coding (Tag: Jackson)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next