EliteWorldTrainingCenterforGiftedTalents
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elite World Training Center for Gifted Talents

HomeLatest imagesRules & InfosFAQProfile ListDivisionsRoommates ListSearchTaken CharactersRegisterLog in

Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  Empty
PostSubject: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 2:41 am

Xion quietly walked in between the shelves. She had a few books held close to her chest and she was looking for just one more. Never before had she been around so many books before and it was all but a heaven to her. Her brother didn't appreciate books for what they were but Xion made sure to read everything she got her hands on. Simply for the fact that she would remember whatever she read. Which she could then put to good use.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 3:03 am

Nyx had plans to go to the library. She had brought a few good books with her from home, but she needed just a few more to curl up in bed with. Even though she didn't seem like the type, she actually loved to read terrible romance novels. She told herself it was because they were just that hilarious, but maybe she really liked them deep down.

There was one bright red book that caught her attention, but it was a little too high up. Using her hand that wasn't holding books, she created a magenta-colored platform of energy under her feet and elevated herself higher so she could reach it.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 3:15 am

Xion had just rounded the corner when she saw someone floating off the ground. She couldn't help the soft gasp of surprise that escaped her lips as her jaw went slack and her eyes went wide. She hadn't seen powers like that before. It was only when she realized she was openly gawking did she tuck her head in embarrassment.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 3:32 am

Nyx had just grabbed the bright red book, only to discover that it was a total letdown and an old textbook on advanced economics. This library really did have everything. As she was about to lower her platform, she felt eyes on her and glanced over to her side to see a young dark haired girl staring up at her. After the girl ducked her head, Nyx couldn't help but giggle a little bit as she looked down at her. "Luckily I'm not wearing a skirt, then this would've been a completely different situation." She laughed quietly with a friendly smile.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 3:38 am

Xion found herself blushing too. She could feel her face growing warm and even the tips of her ears seemed hot. Her grip on the books in her arms seemed to grow even tighter, as if the books were a barrier between the two of them. "I'm sorry." she said quickly, hoping to avoid a scolding. "I didn't mean to stare. I... Uh, I'll just be going..."
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 3:55 am

Nyx raised her eyebrows in concern when the girl seemed to get flustered. Lowering herself down, she suddenly felt an almost protective instinct to comfort her when she saw her face reddening. She was just a young girl, Nyx didn't mean to make her embarrassed. Maybe if she made conversation then she would tense down.
"Oh no no, it's okay. You don't need to apologize. I was just having a little fun. What's your name?" She asked kindly.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:03 am

"Oh, um... Xion. Xion Fair." she said. She looked up at the woman from behind her lashes and attempted a smile. It felt more like a grimace. At least her grip on her books had lessened. Her knuckles were no longer whitened by holding onto the books so tightly. Unlike her brother, Xion simply didn't have much of a back bone unless she was really prompted to. "And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:16 am

It was good to see that she was beginning to ease up. "Well my name is Nicola, but you can just call me Nyx for short. It's nice to meet you, Xion." She smiled warmly back. "I love your name, it's like the name of a character in a book. It's so mysterious." Nyx complimented with a small wink as she tapped her fingers along the book she held in her own hands.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:30 am

Xion smiled, a little more naturally this time. "It's not... My parents were hoping for another boy." she said quietly. "They just didn't end up changing the name." She sheepishly rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand. But she didn't break eye contact with Nyx.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 6:54 am

Nyx put the hand that wasn't holding her books on her hip as she raised her chin a little bit. "Well, a dull old ordinary name can make people have ordinary expectations about a person." She said with a playful smirk.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyWed Jun 24, 2015 4:36 pm

Xion looked up at the woman with wide eyes. She didn't ever have many people aside from her family who believed she would ever amount to anything. Even in school, teachers believed she was either cheating or belonged in grades far higher than she should have ever transcended in such a short period of time. "Oh... um, thank you?" she said uncertainly.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 1:57 am

Nyx tapped her books again, glancing back down at them. She wanted to keep checking out books, but wasn't sure where to go next. "Oh by the way, do you have any book recommendations? I need a couple more to read."
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 3:53 am

Xion looked down at her books, varying from astronomy to physical anatomy to classical romance. "Um, what kind of books are you looking for?" she asked, already trying to think of what list of books to prattle on about, depending on Nyx's answer.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyThu Jun 25, 2015 5:44 am

"Almost anything, I love a good book challenge. Although I'm a sucker for some romance though. Or a good mystery." She was more into fiction than nonfiction. The way she saw it, reality was all around her, why not delve into a different reality through books?
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyFri Jun 26, 2015 12:03 am

"Romance? Um... There's Fault in Our Stars, but it's really sad. A Nature of Jade? Series of Unfortunate Events..." She began to prattle, thinking of the first few books that fit that category. She could recall every book she had ever read but she doubted Nyx would want some of the more boring ones that Xion had read. "Pride and Prejudice and there's the re-write Pride, Prejudice and Zombies."
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptySat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 am

Nyx chuckled at the Pride, Prejudice, and Zombies comment. "What don't they add zombies to now?" She asked with a chuckle. "Thanks Xion, I'll keep those in mind. I guess I better go look for them then." She said as she glanced back down at the books she held in her hands.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 12:42 am

Xion shrugged. "Zack likes them in his games," she commented offhandedly. She hadn't even paused to think about whether Nyx knew her older brother or not. And as she spoke she fell back into the habit of spitting out her little factoids, that tended to get her picked on at her last school. "Or it could have something to do with everyone's obsession with mortality and what would happen if a threat did arise and it was the recently departed loved ones."
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 5:57 am

"Not a huge fan of the zombies themselves, but I love the psychology of the people in those situations. It's so interesting." Nyx shrugged. "Zack?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "Who's that?"
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:52 pm

"Oh, um, Zack is my older brother." Xion said softly. She was surprised Nyx hadn't already heard of her louder older brother who was. He had rambled on to her about all the people he met on the first day and Xion was just getting out to meet people herself.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:00 am

Nyx nodded her head to what she said. "Ooh, your older brother hmm? Well if I see him, I'll be sure to say how I meet the cooler, more knowledgeable sibling first." She said with a little laugh. "I'm an only child so I've never had any siblings to share things with."
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 1:16 am

Xion blushed a furious cherry red shade. She doubted she was the cooler of the two Fair children. "I'm just the more knowledgeable." she protested. "Zack's just... very protective." She adored her brother but his protectiveness was one of his best and worst traits.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:31 am

"I'm sure you both have your strong traits," Nyx responded with a small smile to the way that Xion's face turned a bright red. "For me, I just can't help but have a little bit of a bias." She thought it was kind of funny how she outright said she was more knowledgeable, now Nyx was very curious as to how her brother was like.
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 4:54 am

Xion shyly looked up at Nyx. "Why would you be biased? It's an unfair comparison if you haven't met us both." she murmured, going with more logical reasoning than emotional. She was uncertain if Nyx was even just saying that because she felt it was what Xion needed to hear.
Back to top Go down
Nicola Loiselle

Nicola Loiselle

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 1:22 am

"Well. When I meet your brother I'll be sure to take out my charts and logs to measure just exactly who is the coolest." Nyx commented with a raised eyebrow. "So that way it won't be unfair."
Back to top Go down
Xion Fair

Xion Fair

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  EmptyTue Jun 30, 2015 2:17 am

"He'll just laugh at you." Xion pointed out. He would be humored by Nyx' attempts but he would also like her a lot for defending Xion's 'status' as the cooler Fair 'sibling'. But that would make him respect her a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)    Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Browsing the Books (Tag: Anyone)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next